Monday, September 29, 2008

For those who are interested . . . .

My I600 was received by my adoption agency's Vietnam Rep on Sept 21st. I don't know how long it took her to turn it into the USCIS and I haven't received acknowledgement of it's receipt from the USCIS (which I understand can take up to two weeks to get). This was the last piece of paper I needed to submit, now all I can do is wait for the USCIS to approve my getting a visa for my new son. That approval will then be sent to the province who will schedule the G&R (Giving and Receiving Ceremony - aka formal adoption) then we will travel. USCIS I600 approval can take up to 60 working days although I have heard of some receiving approval within 5 to 10 working days. It all depends on how the initial review of the paperwork goes and how much of an investigation they decide to do - which depends on the quality and completeness of the rest of the paperwork from the province. I am praying for a short turn around as my agency is known for being extra careful and complete with the paperwork. Also, since they are investigating irregularities in baby abandonment to make sure the babies aren't stolen or kidnapped and my son isn't a baby - hopefully it will go fast. I'd really love to have him home before the end of the year.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Hi, Terri! I came across your blog through Chantal's. Congratulations on your upcoming adoption! You must have felt like I did . . . I needed to balance the family. So I have 2 girls and 2 boys, 2 from China and 2 from Russia. Ages 4, 6, 8, and 10.

How old are your kids?

Where are you located.

I am in PA.

chinacats said...

Nancy- I don't know how to email you. I'd love to chat. Email me at chinacats3@sbcglobal.net please.