Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Another Thanksgiving is over and another Christmas season is starting. Thanksgiving dinner was edible and that was one of the good things. I didn't cook a whole turkey this year as I always end up throwing alot of the leftovers away. This year I cooked only a turkey breast. Which I just remembered (7 hours later) was still in the microwave where I put it to keep the cats off while we ate our dinner. Had to throw it away - hated to do it but I wouldn't want to eat it after it sat (unrefridgerated) for 7 hours. Too bad - at least there wasn't much left on it. Anyway, I wasn't going to cook stuffing as no one eats it, but the kids convinced me to cook some. I put it in the bottom of the pan and placed the turkey breast on top - I rembered doing it that way in the past when it was only me eating. Something was different this year though, the stuffing became dried out, burned bread cubes. That also got tossed. The rest of the dinner was very good. I'm not a cook, however so I was just glad that we got what we got. And I am thankful, that for all my whining about not having any money, we had a good dinner and didn't have to eat the burned parts.

Christmas is going to be interesting this year. I don't know if I am going to put up a tree or not. If I do, it will somehow have to be protected from the destructive duo (aka puppies). They chew EVERYTHING!. In fact, we will be going out tomorrow or Saturday to buy A a new pair of shoes. His seem to be the preferred chew toys - of course, that could be because he takes them off and drops them wherever so they are easy for the puppys to find. So far, nothing really major has been chewed but I don't think I'm brave enough to put up a Christmas Tree and put presents under it. This is really going to require some thought.

Puppies are going to puppy kindergarden and are really smart. We started teaching them to ring a bell on the back door to let us know that they need to go out and it didn't take an entire day for them to get the hang of it. Of course, now they ring it all the time just so they can go out - I also believe that they feel that they have trained us - look, we hit this bell with our noses and the big hairless ones run to open the door for us!

No comments: