Sunday, January 11, 2009

Adoption update - none

Round about a week or so before Thanksgiving my adoption agency said that they had everything they needed and there was only one step to go before I could travel to get my son. A paper had to be signed by the provincial police then signed by the DIA (central adoption office) and sent back to the orphanage or provincial something, then the G&A (official adoption ceremony in VietNam) could be set. The adoption agency didn't quite think it could be done quickly enough that I could travel and return before Christmas (I didn't want to be away from my kids at Christmas) but expected that I would be able to travel right afterwards. Well, as far as I know, that is where things still stand. I called the agency a week after Thanksgiving and they had no more information for me. I called just before Christmas and still no information, they shut down over Christmas (two weeks as far as I could tell) so no information when I called again on the 5th. They keep telling me 'soon', but I don't know what that means. Unfortunately, I can't travel at the drop of a hat and need some time to finalize arrangements for my daughters and the pets etc, all are tentatively set but details need to be finalized when the date is set. I figure I need a minimum of two weeks before I can get on a plane and would like at least three weeks. Well see, maybe I'll get some news this upcoming week.

No comments: