Sunday, January 11, 2009

Thanksgiving

Have I told you that I am not a cook? I can cook, but am somewhere between adequate and ok in the cooking department. So, Thanksgiving dinner was planned to be a Turkey breast, stuffing, mashed potatoes, yams, green bean cassarole and pumpkin pie. With olives and stuffed celery on the side. Last year I cooked a whole turkey and ended up tossing a fair amount from the freezer as it had been in there too long. So this year it was to be only the breast as the 4 of us can't eat that much of a whole turkey. I decided to bake the turkey on top of the stuffing so the stuffing would pick up the juices. Don't know exactly where I went wrong, but the stuffing was either soggy mush (the part under the turkey) or burned crispy (the parts not under the turkey). So stuffing was off the menu. The rest of the meal was great and we made piggies of ourselves.

No comments: