Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Good and the Bad

The Bad -- Woke up this morning and went to put an ice cube tray in the freezer, noticed that the other ice cube trays were not frozen. Wondered for a minute what was going on as I was the first one up and none of the kids would EVER refill an ice cube tray without a lot of prompting. Then noticed that a couple of popsicles were juce - AAAAAAA (primal scream) freezer wasn't freezing. Yelled at the kids to come help and started transporting stuff to the big freezer in the garage. Checked the refridgerator section - ah sh*t, that one was warm. Emptied that out and put all that stuff in the garage freezer. I think I'll have to toss some chicken that I was thawing for tonight's dinner, and I'm not sure how the milk will be after being frozen - that may have to go too, but all in all, didn't loose that much.



Repair/buy? Spent some time today checking out prices of new units. To replace what I have, only getting energy Star - which they didn't have in '92 when I bought this one - would cost almost $1000. To repair will cost around $500 and that only if it is the compressor that has gone out. Since all my money is slated for the last payment on the adoption and the trip itself, I choose repair and hope it will last for a couple of years. I'll know on Friday, in the mean time, I cranked up the temp dials and it is cool enough for butter and cheese.



The good - heard from one of the other parents with my agency who got a referral before 9/1. There were 3 of us, two singles and one couple. The other single is adopting an 8 year old girl and I have the 7 year old boy. The couple is adopting a one year old girl. TW, the other single, got an email from the representative in Vietnam. Our I600's went to CIS today!!

No comments: