Friday, October 10, 2008

Miscelleny

I have 30 more minutes of peace and quiet, then the school bus will pull up to the drive and there will be no more quiet until next Friday, when once again, I work from home and the kids are at school. (LOL)

I just found out that my I600 should be sent to HCMC by Monday (She said next Monday but I hope she meant Monday the 13th). Then I will wait for the acknowledgement from the CIS and pray for a short turn-around to approval. If God wills, I can still make it there and back before Christmas.

I made a deal with my son. He is dyslexic and hates to read. I am lazy and hate to exercise. I desperately need to loose some weight. He really needs to practice reading. So I made him a deal. I am going to start walking to a CD that I bought several years ago (and never opened) and he can read to me while I walk. If I don't walk, he doesn't have to read. He is supposed to read 15 minutes a day and it is a battle to get him to do it, hopefully this will be an encouragement for me to walk and for him to read without fighting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good deal with the reading!

Glad to hear your I600 is going to be sent. I hate that we never know exactly what is going on. It only took about 4 days to get my acknowledgment so you should be there by next week! yeah!