Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 8 - All Shopped Out

I didn't post Sunday as I was so tired when we got back. Did a tour of Hanoi - HoChiMin complex, Temple of Literature, Museaum of Ethnicity and last but not least - Water Puppets. The guide we had was very good and enjoyed telling me everything I didn't know - which was a lot. The boys had fun running around outside while we were looking at examples of the types of houses that the different minorities live in. We walked and walked and walked. When we got back to the hotel, all we could do was toddle down the street to our favorite food place and get noodles for dinner. I got chewed out by one of the hotel employees since we had gone out in morning with the boys in shorts and short sleeves. Not a problem you would think, but it had gotten cool (finally) and was a bit nippy. I was OK but Aidan said he was a little cold as we were waiting in line for the Mosoleaum. Apparently Dat told the guy in the hotel that he was cold - although he hadn't said anything to the guide and didn't act cold - even when A pulled his arms inside his T. I was a little annoyed but dug out the jackets I brought for the boys and Dat put his on when we went out for dinner.

When we went shopping yesterday both boys wore their jackets, but the soon came off and I ended up carrying them so when we came back in to dump packages, I dropped the jackets and neither boy picked theirs up when we went out again. It is cool in the mornings, but warms up to low 70's during the day so they only need them for a bit in the mornings. I'd rather they be cool for a short while then have to carry their jackets all day once they take them off - but I'm lazy that way. Got most of the shopping done yesterday, still need to pick up a couple of small AoDai's and the silk I promised a friend I'd look for, then I am done. I have spent a LOT less than I expected here (thank you Lord), so when I get home, the extra will go to paying for the bills (hotel, airline tickets, etc). We are not going to make HaLong bay this trip, only day possible at this time would be tomorrow and I don't think I want to push that.

The computer in my room is getting worse and worse. They did something to it on Sunday so now it doesn't connect to the internet at all. Maybe for a couple of minutes, then it shuts down the connection so it is very difficult for me to write on the blog. I am in the little sitting area on the second floor writing this and the connection here is very good. I don't understand it. I'm gonna ask that they have someone look at it again.

more later.

No comments: