Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dat

Dat has been so well prepared for this adoption, it is amazing. He shows no concerns, no fear and no sadness about leaving the orphanage. I know that it may surface in a few days, but for now, he has adjusted amazingly well. He chatters to him self and us in Vietnamese and doesn't seem to care that we can't understand him. He plays by himself with the cars and track I brought him or plays with A. They are getting along very well.

It is raining today, and while I wanted to do some shopping, A doesn't want to get wet. He and I may have a showdown sooner or later but he isn't going to spend the entire time in the hotel room watching TV. I have cut him a lot of slack because of jet-lag, but he has caught up pretty well now.

I made reservations for us to have a tour of Hanoi and some of the temples and museums on Sunday and we will do Ha Long Bay a little later in the week. Saturday we are meeting up with Hang and her little boy who is Dat's age to go to a children's park.

2 comments:

Mrs. Ramsey said...

Aidan, I am so glad you have a new brother! I just know he likes you already! We miss you so much in class, no one can make origami like you! Come back soon! I hope you are having fun!

jcm6808 said...

Wow, Aidan! I am so happy for you and your family! I know you will be a great brother to him. I can't wait to hear all of your stories when you come back to school!

~Mrs. Moran