Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day 2 - Later

Met Hang at 11:30 and she took us to buy shirts for two adoption officials. I told her to chose as I ad no clue what was appropriate so she did. Then we walked to a restaurant called Pho 24 for lunch. It was good but needed a little salt. A scarfed his down. Then a taxi back to the hotel, where we we arranged to meet with Hang tomorrow for the trip to Thai Binh and the GR. After we found that our stuff had been moved to our new room - this one huge and has two beds - yay, we went back out and walked to the toy street. Most of the things we saw weren't worth the money. Stuffed animals and cheap plastic toys. A had decided he wanted a carved dagger we saw yesterday but couldn't find today. But then we went the other way yesterday and had to turn around and go back. I figure it must have been the other way, but A didn't want to walk any more so we came back to the hotel. We are supposed to meet a couple of other adoptive families here for dinner, but I don't know if A is going to make it. He s laying on the couch watchng TV and his eyes are drooping. We are supposed to eat lunch before meeting Hang tomorrow and I'm not sure how to do it. If se comes around 11:30 - 12:00 like she said, it will be too close to breakfast for either A or I to be very hungry. I think I'm going to see if I can get some noodles we can cook here in the room.

Hang said that after the G&R tomorrow, we will take Dat to get his passport Thursday am which means that we will get the passport next Thursday. Apparently we can't do the SOS clinic until we have his passport, which makes no sense to me, becuse if we have to wait to do that until late Thursday, we can't go to get his Visa until Friday which means that I probably wont have it until the next day which means Monday. I really don't know what to do, don't know if the hotel will have room for us for three more nights - I really want to make my Friday midnight flight out.

Another downer is that neither A's DS or the DVD player will re-charge in the room. I even got a transformer from the front desk and it doesn't work. I'm not real surprized about the DVD as I don't think that charger is the right one (universal my a**) but it works OK at home. I haven't tried either of the camera battery chargers but they should work, I know mine did in China so there is no reason it wouldn't work here.

Also haven't been able to upload pictures. The USB disk reader I use at home wasn't recognized on the computer in the other room and I haven't tried it on this one. Figure that out later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Teri-
Ask Hang about having the passport expedited. I know that other couples did that and got the passport in about a day or two. We didn't think to ask that. It would need to be done at the time you apply for the passport. I know that this has already been paid for through the fees to Harrah's, but ask Hang if you can pay for the extra cost to have it expedited.
We had the SOS appointment a week after we applied for the passport.
We got the passport one morning, went right to SOS. The next day we went in the morning to drop off the paperwork at the embassy, at 2 had the interview and had our visa by 4.
Hang will get it done for you.