Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pictures - as requested

DatDat above and Dat and Aidan below.

Street corner near the hotel Cemetary on the way to Thai Binh




View from hotel window





Another view from hotel window with roof top clothes line or wash line



Aidan holding a woman't baskets and wearing her hat. She grabbed me and put the pole on my shoulder and the hat on my head and asked if I wanted my phot taken. I said OK so she took one then put the stuff on Aidan. Then she got upset when we didn't buy her pinapples.












4 comments:

Joan said...

What a beautiful boy! Thanks for the pictures of your new son.

Nancy said...

Beautiful! The boys look like they will be great buddies. How wonderful!

How old are each of the boys? What are plans for school for Dat?

Oh life is about to get even more fun!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Shoot, I should have warned you about the woman with the pineapples. However, there is also a woman who uses her little girl (maybe 1 year old) to try to sell you gum around the lake... be aware.

It is so great to hear that Dat is so happy. He is such a charming little boy. We will have to come visit some time, as it will be great to see him again. We had a lot of fun playing with him that day at the orphanage. I am preparing the photos and videos from the orphanage to send you. Hopefully you will have them soon after you return. Have lots of video of Dat's nanny... thought he might like to have that.

The boys might like sitting up top at Highlands coffee... it has a really cool view and they have really good smoothies they would probably like.
Also, I bet they would both really like the water puppet show. It was much more entertaining than I was expecting.

Oh, be sure to take them to Fannies Ice Cream. The banana split was my favorite!

Linh said...

Did you tip her for the photo? She probably would have welcomed some small change.